Last update: Jun 19, 2023
Before we collect any personal data, we will provide you with an option to prevent such collection. Your consent is explicitly asked before your data is processed and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Hive Computing Services SA, with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Switzerland
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Hive’s main webpage, accessible from https://www.hivenet.com/. This includes all subdomains related to the main domain, such as 'app.hivenet.com' and 'support.hivenet.com', among others. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and any subdomain associated with the main domain 'https://www.hivenet.com/' is covered under this policy.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Anonymous usage data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available here.
- Web Beacons: Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding how our Service is being used so we can improve it.
- To manage Your Account and Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
- To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing you with relevant updates and offers.
- To attend and manage Your requests to Us. The legal basis for this processing is your consent or our legitimate interests, depending on the nature of your request.
- We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in ensuring our business operations continue smoothly.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Your Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction. We ensure that these countries have adequate data protection regulations in accordance with the GDPR.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time where the Company relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to access, rectify, port, and erase your data. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- The right to access: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: If you believe that your data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct it.
- The right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
- The right to data portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- The right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, including where the processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. This includes using encryption to keep your data secure and testing our systems regularly for any possible vulnerabilities or attacks.
In the event of a data breach, we will notify you and the relevant authorities within 72 hours, where feasible, after becoming aware of the breach.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing our data protection strategy and its implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at [DPO's email address].
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org